Benefits of Joining an IDS Chapter
By joining your local IDS chapter, you are making a commitment that reflects your professional involvement in a national organization that is dedicated to serving the needs of the residential interior design community. Learn more about the benefits of chapter participation below.
Click here to locate your IDS Chapter
- Chapter meetings highlight educational opportunities designed to increase knowledge and keep up with the newest design trends.
- Increase self-esteem by learning new skills and taking on new challenges in a supportive and caring environment.
- Develop your professionalism by participating in Professional Design Workshops and CQRID study groups.
- Be an advocate for your profession.
- Enhance and sharpen your professional skills through professional development including building your business, accelerating your career, building your leadership skills, and learning the latest trends.
- Discover hidden talents through volunteering and educational opportunities.
- Leadership opportunities within the chapter and on volunteer committees.
- Endorsements for your business and professionalism through your association with IDS.
- Participate in the IDS Designer of the Year Competition to have your work seen by potential clients.
- Design Showhouses with your chapter to showcase your design work and/or products.
- Increase your Influence in the design community by being associated with the only organization committed solely to the residential interior designer.
- Receive publicity through chapter events.
- Serve your community through fundraising and charity events.
- Serve as a chapter board member to enhance your leadership skills.
- Use the IDS network for employment opportunities and career planning.
- Receive representation in Interior Design title and practice legislation.
- You do not have to reinvent the wheel! Take advantage of the wealth of resources and information presented to you on the latest developments in the Interior Design industry. Stay current through the website and publications.
- Access information that is chapter specific.
Serve on a chapter committee or national committee to have your voice heard on a variety of issues pertaining to Interior Design.
- Powerful networking with others in the residential interior design industry, including other design professionals, vendors, and business contacts.
- Share best practices with other professionals.
- Make new friends who understand and work in your profession.
- Mentor new professionals in your field.