Strategies to Fight Interior Design Legislation
STRATEGIES TO FIGHT INTERIOR DESIGN LEGISLATION
• Visit legislators in each state with your colleagues BEFORE a bill is passed.
• Send emails and letters and call your legislators (they pay attention to the position of their constituents).
• Assist IDS when you have been requested to send out faxes or letters to legislators in your state.
• Spread the word to others in and associated with the design profession…they will also be affected by legislation.
• Engage your vendors, remodelers, colleagues, associates, etc. to participate in the fight against legislation.
• There is no consumer outcry demanding interior design legislation.
• Legislation limits competition and increases fees.
• Legislation creates a monopoly.
• It is not in the best interest to all other professionals related to the interior design field, such as vendors.