IDS Legislative AgendaIDS Legislative Agenda
The IDS Legislation Sub-Committee is working on important initiatives:
• Prepare position papers on legislation and certification requirements to be reviewed by the Education Committee for Board approval. (Completed!)
• Forge strategic partnerships with other interested parties. Work is underway with the National Kitchen and Bath Assn. (NKBA), American Institute of Architects (AIA) and others.
• Provide focus. Prepare and provide actionable steps for each chapter and national office to take.
• Report to the Legislative Committee Chair with results of Sub-Committee meetings so these results can be communicated to board.
• Create a consistent message. Develop a letter for IDS members to send their legislators.
• Keep Chapter Presidents aware of the importance of legislation. Request that Chapter Presidents designate from their board a member to serve as the chapter’s liaison to the Legislative Sub-Committee.
For more information, contact IDS.