Individual Member Benefits - All Levels
- Membership card identifies you as a current Interior Design Society member who accepts the IDS Code of Ethics.
- Provides clients with knowledge they are working with a well-informed and educated designer
- IDS Design and Business Educational Seminars – with nationally recognized speakers
- Regional and Local Education Programs – some offering Continuing Education Units
- IDS Educational Tours – Available exclusively to IDS members and their guests
- IDS Local Chapter meetings, activities, educational seminars and special events
- IDS weekly e-newsletter, Hot Topics contains IDS National news, articles on the latest trends, newest products and tips for improving your business.
- IDS protects your interests by monitoring individual states with legislation which could affect your right to practice interior design
- Access to the latest products available – at discounted prices
- Discounts on design publications
- Discounts on industry specific software and space planning templates
Professional & Associate - Additional Benefits
Use of the IDS logo and appellation on business cards - Example: Jane Doe, IDS Professional or Jane Doe, IDS Associate
Advertising and Marketing
- Use of the IDS logo and appellation
- Window decal that identifies your membership with the Interior Design Society
- Complimentary enhanced website listing to promote your business
- Property and Casualty Insurance – Annual premium of $350 provides coverage for individual and up to $1 million as an independent designer.
- Discounts with national companies on products and services
Associate Member – Additional Benefits
- Nationally recognized credentialing exam, CQRID (Council for Qualification of Residential Interior Designers), for eligible residential interior designers (not required for membership).
- CQRID Design Problem Training Program – A correspondence tutorial to utilize in preparation for Part II
Student Member – Additional Benefit
- Courtesy status at the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point, NC